Many organizations realize that threat hunting is the next step in the evolution of the modern Security Operations Center (SOC). To gain more insights on the state of threat management in SOCs, we commissioned an online survey of over 330 cybersecurity and IT professionals.
- Over 80% of respondents say threats have at least doubled in the past year
- The top two challenges that SOCs face are the inability to detect advanced threats and find expert security staff to assist with threat mitigation
- Threat hunting platforms can cut in half the time spent to detect a threat, and improve the average time to investigate and address a threat by 42%
- Two-thirds of SOCs report that they are falling behind in terms of capabilities to address sophisticated threats
- Cybersecurity professionals who work with a threat hunting platform feel more appreciated, recognized, and valued by their organization