The Cybereason team is excited to announce that Gartner has named Cybereason a Visionary in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms. This is Cybereason’s first recognition in this influential industry report, and we believe our placement in the Visionary Quadrant is because of the value and future-readiness of the Cybereason Defense Platform and the superior endpoint protection (EPP) and extended detection and response (XDR) functionality that it delivers.
As the only vendor named for the first time in this year’s Magic Quadrant for EPP, Cybereason has been named for its Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision. In fact, Cybereason has been positioned furthest to the right in the Visionary Quadrant for its Completeness of Vision which in our opinion is due to Cybereason disrupting the endpoint space. Gartner defines Completeness of Vision as, “a reflection of the vendor’s innovation, whether the vendor drives or follows the market, and if the vendor’s view of how the market will develop matches Gartner’s perspective”.
This recognition as a Visionary and assessment of our Completeness of Vision encourages us that our focus of building offerings that are always future-ready is being recognized by the marketplace. The Cybereason Defense Platform takes a unique multi-layered detection and prevention approach to uncover even the most cutting-edge attacker tools and techniques to end cyber attacks in their earliest stages before they can become a breach.
The Cybereason Advantage
Defenders must be able to quickly identify and respond to malicious operations with surgical precision, and more swiftly than attackers can adjust their tactics. The Cybereason operation-centric approach allows defenders to instantly understand the entire attack narrative from root cause based on the most subtle indicators of behavior (IOBs).
Key items that in our opinion set the Cybereason Defense Platform apart from other cybersecurity offerings include:
- The Cybereason Malop™: Short for malicious operation, the Malop is the realization of our operation-centric approach, presenting the complete picture of an attack rather than overwhelming analysts with uncorrelated alerts.
- Indicators of Behavior (IOBs): Traditional Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and signatures are useful for catching known threats, but to stop the most sophisticated attacks and catch never-before-seen malware earlier, only Cybereason leverages IOBs for early detection.
- Complete Data Collection: Detection of the most advanced and elusive attackers requires exhaustive and correlated data collection from across endpoints. Our platform processes 80 million events per second leaving adversaries nowhere to hide.
- Automated Response: Analysts can take remote remediation actions including machine isolation, killing processes, and opening remote shells, all from within an intuitive point and click interface—stopping attackers in their tracks.
- Future-Ready: The flexibility of our product and the new innovations being added every day, make Cybereason future-ready for wherever the fight takes us.
Cybereason: A Disruptive Force in Endpoint Prevention
This recognition by Gartner is just the latest in a string of third-party recognitions that we believe attests to the power of our platform, and follows closely our rapid ascent to the top of the EPP and XDR space.
Cybereason will continue to disrupt the industry with a proactive approach that gives defenders the upper hand through unmatched visibility across the network, the cloud and all impacted devices and users. Cybereason started with endpoint detection and response, but we have a bigger objective: to empower defenders and reverse the adversary advantage.
You can download a complimentary copy of the Gartner EPP Magic Quadrant here. In the meantime you can talk to a Cybereason Defender to learn more about our innovative solutions, or schedule a demo today to learn how your organization can benefit from an operation-centric approach to security.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms, Paul Webber, Peter Firstbrook, Rob Smith, Mark Harris, Prateek Bhajanka, 5 May 2021
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.