Successful ransomware attacks take time. They involve gaining a foothold in the enterprise, conducting reconnaissance, escalating privileges, and then locating and exfiltrating your organization’s most sensitive data. The entire process, up until the point that the attackers encrypt your data, could take weeks or months.
That’s why the key to ending ransomware is to minimize the window of time between the moment when a ransomware attack infiltrates your environment and the moment when you’re able to detect it and respond to it.
The Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution is capable of detecting the earliest signs of a ransomware operation and conducting automated prevention within milliseconds. With the ability to block obfuscated ransomware--plus the addition of artificial intelligence on every endpoint, encryption prevention, rollback capability, and visibility from the kernel to the cloud--the Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection represents the most capable ransomware defense available on the market.
This is why Cybereason is the only security provider that remains undefeated in the fight against ransomware, protecting every customer from threats like the DarkSide Ransomware that shut down Colonial Pipeline, the REvil Ransomware that disrupted meatpacking giant JBS and IT services provider Kaseya, the LockBit Ransomware that struck Accenture and every other ransomware family.
The Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution delivers:
- Artificial Intelligence at the Endpoint: Only Cybereason predicts and blocks ransomware activity using artificial intelligence on every endpoint, unlike competitive solutions that rely on cloud-based detections or assume defeat by offering unreliable ransomware “rollbacks”
- Multi-Layered Predictive Prevention: Cybereason protection leads with the industry’s only predictive prevention that ends ransomware based on the most subtle behaviors and attacker activity before encryption of critical systems. Combined with our award-winning NGAV, AV, script-based and file-based detections, this ensures that both known and never before seen ransomware is blocked.
- Visibility from the Kernel to the Cloud: Sophisticated attackers know how to evade standard means of detection, so Cybereason delivers attack telemetry down to the kernel level and up to the Cloud to reveal ransomware attacks at the first stages, correlating all attack activity with actionable context by delivering the full attack story from root cause to every affected asset for rapid response.
Other security vendors offer general Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) as a one-size-fits-all approach to defending against ransomware. This strategy is simply not up to the task of detecting the most advanced, previously unknown strains of ransomware.
The Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution takes a multi-layered approach that combines the ability to detect the most subtle behaviors with our award-winning NGAV, AV, script-based, and file-based protection to ensure that both known and never before seen ransomware never gets through.
Predictive protection means that Cybereason ends ransomware with the highest degree of confidence based on subtle behaviors and attacker activity. We see what others miss and infer the attacker’s next move without manual input from Defenders.
Predictive protection also equates to more productivity for Defenders. They don’t have to manually block, investigate or respond due to the high level of automated protection delivered by Cybereason.
The Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution:
- Automates Ransomware Prevention: Infosec teams that support small and mid-sized organizations do not have the team size or expertise to effectively combat sophisticated ransomware attacks. The prevention capabilities of Cybereason against advanced ransomware are automated and comprehensive, providing an immediate boost to overburdened or inexperienced security teams.
- Interrupts Every Stage of a Ransomware Attack: All ransomware involves encryption of sensitive data in later stages of the attack chain. By decentralizing decision-making to the endpoint, Cybereason quickly detects and blocks encryption activity at the first signs of attacker activity with the highest level of confidence without needing to wait for analysis by a centralized system.
- Recovers Any Encrypted Files: Relying solely on data backups is a defeatist mindset and assumes adversaries are able to escalate their activities to the point of an enterprise-wide breach. Cybereason prevents ransomware before escalation and includes the ability to restore encrypted files to their previously unencrypted state as a final layer of defense against ransomware operations.
- Extends Detection to Network Drives: Network drives store the files that ransomware operators hope to encrypt, and are historically difficult to monitor for threats. Cybereason lengthens the reach of infosec teams by detecting signs of ransomware in network drives, providing the broadest possible visibility for an informed and comprehensive response.
The launch of the Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution coincides with the publication of a new global ransomware study by Cybereason, titled Organizations at Risk: Ransomware Attackers Don’t Take Holidays, which provides insights on the risks from disruptive ransomware attacks targeting organizations when they are most vulnerable: during weekends and holidays when staffing is limited. Join us for an informative webinar December 1st at 1:00pm ET that examines the report findings and provides guidance on how to defend against ransomware attacks on weekends and holidays.
Cybereason is dedicated to teaming with defenders to end ransomware attacks on the endpoint, across the enterprise, to everywhere the battle is taking place. Learn more about the Cybereason Predictive Ransomware Protection solution, browse our ransomware defense resources, or schedule a demo today to learn how your organization can benefit from an operation-centric approach to security.