In today’s world of cyber security, there are a lot of trends we have all read about or experienced firsthand. Some of these trends include:
- Digital transformation projects
- Migration to services-based security
- Governance and compliance reviews
- Automation initiatives
- The incorporation of artificial intelligence within applications
- Leveraging security FROM and then FOR the cloud
Check out more trends in 'The Forrester Wave™ Endpoint Detection & Response, Q1 2020 Report'.
Many of these trends are intrinsically tied to one another; for example, you cannot effectively incorporate automation without some form of artificial intelligence. For the majority of organizations undergoing these types of projects or initiatives, it is a forgone conclusion you will be moving your data and applications to the cloud.
But what if you don’t want to move all of your data or applications, such as endpoint security, to the cloud? What if you have IT risk concerns or regulatory mandates? As the title for this blog begs the question, is on-premise security for endpoint protection still needed? The answer to this question is yes, depending on your specific needs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying on-premise deployments are going to start outpacing cloud-based deployments. Rather, there are situations and requirements where on-premise or even air-gapped options are required to secure your IT environment in a manner that satisfies your security needs.
Having met with different enterprises from around the world, it is clear on-premise endpoint protection is still needed by some organizations. It varies by geography, and is heavily influenced by the IT and security mindset of the teams involved. When deciding if you need an on-premise endpoint security deployment, consider the following:
- Ability to control and limit access to all sensitive data within your IT tech stack
- Need to address regulatory or government mandates regarding access to restricted data
- Minimizing IT supply chain risks
- Government agency mandates or affiliation with agencies that require an on-prem deployment
- Ability to test or implement custom integrations
- How to best leverage existing investment in IT infrastructure and data storage
- Need for an air-gapped deployment
With this in mind, at Cybereason, we want to assure our customers and prospects we support various on-premise deployment options to address their entire endpoint protection security needs. This means customers who need an on-prem (VPC, hybrid, traditional on-prem, or air-gapped) deployment can leverage the Cybereason Defense Platform to detect, analyze, and remediate against advanced threats, both known and unknown. Your security team will be able to take advantage of the built-in behavioral analytics as well as automated cross-machine correlation across all impacted endpoints, and address threats in real time with single-click remediation.
Cybereason customers are able to automatically prevent threats, uncover attacks, and hunt for malicious activities, all while maintaining complete control over their sensitive data.
To learn more about how you can leverage the Cybereason Defense Platform for both your prevention and endpoint detection and response needs, all within a single agent, please contact us or learn more here.