Cybersecurity dominated the news cycle in 2017. There were headlines about viral ransomware, global destructive wipers posing as ransomware, leaks of spy tools from U.S. intelligence agencies, and breaches at major companies.
What does 2018 hold in store for the defenders? Unfortunately, more of the same security drama, according to Cybereason’s researchers and analysts. Specifically, they identified the following as some of the bigger security trends in the new year:
- Fileless malware attacks become ubiquitous
- Destructive attacks do not let up
- The line blurs between APT actors and cybercriminals
- Supply Chain Attacks increase and remain underreported
- 2018: The year of the defender
Download the report to learn more about our 2018 predictions, and steps you can take now to minimize these risks next year.